Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow trip

Last weekend I went with Santa Cruz Younglife's snow trip to Sugar Bowl. It was amazing!
There were some rad kids I knew, and some new faces in the crowd. The snow wasn't great the first day, but it wasn't bad either. I hadn't been on Ski's for at least two years and was a little apprehensive about going all out after my hiatus but soon realized that it was just like riding a bike. Once I remembered how to do it it was no problem.
we went all over the mountain hitting some pretty epic runs, but the majority of our day was spent in the terrain park, hitting the jumps and rails. Day two saw about one and a half feet of fresh pow pow and we quickly took the lift up to some runs that were untouched and made fresh tracks in knee deep snow.

on the way up I conquered a challenge I have wanted to try for some time. We always stop at In and Out Burger and I thought I should finally try the 4X4. It was delicious. To really impress the kids I went back and got another double double (both were animal style) and devoured that, too. Now since I don't eat too much fast food my body isn't really used to having to deal with that type of stuff, especially in the amount. So for the rest of the ride up I was a little uncomfortable but it wasn't too bad, unless you had a really sensitive nose.

School starts next week and I guess I'm ready for it. I have a few hitches in my schedule but I will worry about them as they come. I'm praying that there will be a solution to the little problems and that everything will end up being smooth.

No comments: